With the rise of coronavirus and the increasing incidence of influenza and acute upper respiratory infections, we must each pay special attention to [RS1] not only for the strengthening of immunity, personal hygiene and protection, but also for the protection of airborne viruses, indoor air cleaning and surface disinfection must be considered. The most effective way is ozonation.
What is ozone, what are its beneficial properties and how is it used not only for protection against viruses, but also for indoor odors?
In Greek, ozone means "fragrant." Ozone is an allotropic form of oxygen composed of 3 oxygen atoms. Ozone is a powerful oxidizer. It is unstable and easily decomposes into the normal form of oxygen. Ozone is soluble in water, has a very good ability to remove microorganisms, fats and contaminants, and also has the ability to remove microorganisms such as bacteria and viruses.
How does ozone work in the environment?
When an ozone molecule comes in contact with another substance, such as an odor, it breaks down into smaller constituents that tend to cause fewer problems. After this reaction, the by-products are usually carbon dioxide, water and fat ash, dust. Ozone, which is not used in the process, returns to regular oxygen.
Ozone destroys all microbiological pollution: viruses, bacteria, fungi, algae and their spores, protozoan cysts, which can be mechanically transmitted by various insects (flies, cockroaches, etc.). When ozone comes into contact with bacteria, the structure of the bacterial cells is damaged during the reaction, thus interrupting the microbiological activity.
How is ozone produced?
In nature, ozone is formed during thunderstorms or by oxidizing the resins of coniferous trees. It gives a fresh breath to the air in coniferous forests and after a thunderstorm. Ozone can be formed by exposure to oxygen or air by ultraviolet light, electrical discharge, decomposition of peroxides. Ozone is used for the production of medicines, synthetic lubricants, removal of various substances from wastewater, air and water disinfection, bleaching.
Artificially, these processes are simulated in ozonators using ozone. Ozone generators (ozonators) are used for home, office, catering, hospital, hotel maintenance, wastewater treatment, pharmaceutical and biogas industries, storage and farm air cleaning and disinfection.
What are the benefits of ozonation?
· Ozone eliminates all microbiological contamination;
· Ozone sterilizes the surface;
· The effects of ozone are very rapid;
· Ozone removes unpleasant odors;
· Ozone does not produce toxic by-products.
Ozone kills microorganisms 300-3000 times faster than other traditional disinfection methods. Due to these properties, ozonation is widely used for indoor disinfection.
Ozone generators are in high demand in the market, especially in public spaces such as cafes, supermarkets, hotels, nightclubs, beauty salons, restaurants, because ozonators perfectly eliminate unpleasant odors and disinfect premises:
· For example, despite the fact that most hotel rooms are separated for "smokers" and "non-smokers", smoking customers are still a major problem. Ozonators perfectly solve these inconveniences.
· Perfect for the maintenance and preparation of production and staff premises of work rooms, cafes, restaurants, nightclubs, spas and other health centers, as within 15-60 minutes. completely eliminates unpleasant odors and disinfects the premises.
· Stable "batch ozonation" can be performed in trading rooms that are visited by large numbers of people, with ozonation taking place every day (night). This measure helps to significantly reduce the morbidity of employees and allows you to enjoy cleaner, fresher indoor air.